Hello!

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Hello and welcome to my blog. I am very excited about what I have learn thus far about blooging. I have never created a blog before, and as you professional bloggers can see I still have a lot to learn. Once I learn more about blogging and get familiarized with different blogging features, I would like to start using it with my students. The objectives of this blog is to learn more about using blogs, and to get ideas on how I can used it in my classroom. If you have used Blogging with your students before and have and Idea of how I can use this with my 3rd graders next school year please don't hesitate to post.

Friday, June 1, 2007

Something To Think About

Dear Mr Jesus

As teachers we are put in the position to fill many roles in a child's life. To some we become their mother, father or guardians, brother, sister and best friend. In turn we also see these children as our own. Therefore we feel the need to protect them. This year I was faced with the reality that one of my students was being physically abused by her stepfather. I had not been previously exposed to this situation, but I knew I needed to help her. I found this video and thought that I should share it with all my fellow colleagues and those who want to make a difference in a child's life.

No comments: