Hello!

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Hello and welcome to my blog. I am very excited about what I have learn thus far about blooging. I have never created a blog before, and as you professional bloggers can see I still have a lot to learn. Once I learn more about blogging and get familiarized with different blogging features, I would like to start using it with my students. The objectives of this blog is to learn more about using blogs, and to get ideas on how I can used it in my classroom. If you have used Blogging with your students before and have and Idea of how I can use this with my 3rd graders next school year please don't hesitate to post.

Friday, June 1, 2007

LOOKING FOR NEW IDEAS

I am eager to start applying the new blogging skills acquired in my Internet K-12 online class. This is my first time creating a blog, and as you can see I am beginning to get the hang of this. As an educator I understand the importance of technology in the classroom. This course has enlightened me with new knowledge that I am planning to use to better meet my students needs.
I have thought of creating a class Current Event blog. If any one has any suggestion please feel free to post. My grade level is 3rd grade and I will be teaching Reading and Language Arts.

Marc Prensky says that students are Digital Natives while most educators are veritable Digital Immigrants who were not born in to technology and will always keep their accents. Well, this is my attempt to loosing the accent.

Thank you and any feed back is most appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well for being new to this I think you did an awesome job. I haven't yet figured out how to put a video on mine. Maybe you can help me out :) I myself am enjoying doing this new blog and spend hours just tinkering with it. By the way, I loved your video it was touching. I'm sorry that part of our job deals with some unhappy events and it hurts us as much. Thanks for sharing. I've had a heartbreaking experience myself this year. Please come and read about it on my next Tales of an Elementary School Teacher: http://www.eduhawk.blogspot.com

minnield said...

Thanks, I am learning as I go. I will be more than happy to help you post a video in your blog. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am trying to add powerpoint but can't seem to be able to do it yet.